I am a Boston-based running coach and founder of Miles to Go Endurance, where I specialize in coaching trail, mountain and ultra runners.
Empowering athletes of all levels and ages to unleash their physical talent and potential, I am passionate about challenging each individual athlete’s spirit, mind and body.
I followed in my father’s footsteps and began my coaching career at age 10. I bring a diverse coaching background to endurance, having coached and played baseball, basketball and soccer at a competitive level growing up. I am a certified RRCA Running Coach and also holds certifications from the International Triathlon Coaching Association (ITCA), the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) and U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF).
In 2013, I’ve guided athletes into the Top-10 this year at Heartland 100, Rouge to Orleans Ultramarathon, Hawk 50 and is in the midst of training three female athletes to run across America in 2015.
I am also the Head Coach for Comfort Zone Camps Grief Relief team and have been featured in Triathlon Magazine as well as in Greatist’s 5k Training Guide, How to Run Your Best 5k. When I’m not coaching, Ryan can be found running in the trails and mountains with his fiancee Jess and Mollie, their mountain loving Border Collie.
My background/interesting tidbits:
Life is interesting. I embrace learning something new everyday and find myself exploring new topics and teaching myself new skills whenever possible. My life has taken an interesting set of twists and turns, bringing with it many different experiences.
- I graduated from SUNY Buffalo in 2005 with a B.A. in Spanish and an honors distinction in Linguistics. I also have completed two years of PhD coursework in Sociolinguistics, with a focus on Catalan Language Planning and Policy.
- I was a member of the first graduating class of the Bold Academy – an INCREDIBLE, LIFE CHANGING experience.
- I am a mountain junkie and cannot get enough trail/mountain running and hiking.
- I owned two minor league soccer teams in Buffalo, Queen City FC and FC Buffalo.
- I was the youngest member of the National Premier Soccer League‘s Executive Committee and the league’s first Director of Public Relations.
- Spain is my second home, having lived in Sevilla in 2004 and Villacañas in 2006-2007.
- You can also find me posting on instagram.